This manual will guide you on every detail about how to install and use the LCR for FusionPBX native application. If you want to have a quick setup, you may read the quick guide and later return here.
Before you start LCR for FusionPBX installation, you must satisfy next requirements:
- You need to have FusionPBX 3.6 or better installed with MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL as database data storage. If you dont know how to do this, OKay offers Linux consultant services.
- You need to have PHPShadow extension installed.
- You need to have SSH access and to be able to write in /app directory where FusionPBX is installed.
- You need to have access to FusionPBX as superadmin.
- You need to download and get a LCR for FusionPBX license.
When you satisfy this requisites, please follow next steps:
- Go to app directory where FusionPBX is installed, for example: cd /var/www/html/app
- Copy LCR for FusionPBX in the server (by FTP or SCP), you can place it in /tmp directory
- Execute the command tar -jxvf /tmp/lcr-crypted.tar.bz2
- Go into /var/www/html/app/lcr directory and execute echo -n key > any_name.key command, where key is your license number. Since version 1.0.1 license name can have any name with .key extension.
- Depending on which database you use, copy lcr.conf.xml.mysql or lcr.conf.xml.pgsql file into autoload_configs directory (for example: /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/).cp lcr.conf.xml.mysql /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/lcr.conf.xml. Edit lcr.conf.xml file and change the DSN values with yours.
- Log into FusionPBX as superadmin and go to System->Modules menu, enable and start LCR module.
- Go to Advanced->Upgrade menu, select Schema and Menu Defaults
- Review groups and menu permits
- Logout and login again into FusionPBX
To configure LCR for FusionPBX, you need to understand next concepts:
- A Carrier is a company who provides VoIP services. For example To Call Me.
- A Gateway is a SIP access definition (server, port, user, password, etc). A Carrier can have zero or more linked Gateways.
- A Channel shows how many simultaneous communications a Carrier can do. This value is only useful to control outgoing calls.
- The Codecs are set in a string (comma separated), they define the type of codec a Carrier has. Not all Carriers have the same codecs. If this string is empty, FusionPBX will send the default value set in System->Variables menu.
- A Suffix adds a string before sending the dialstring to Carrier. Some Carriers need a suffix to give you service.
- A Rate defines how much does it cost to connect to a destination, if the digits match.
- Add all the needed Gateways. Go to Accounts->Gateways menu. Technical information for each Gateway must be acquired from your Carrier.
- Go to Apps->LCR menu and add a Carrier.
Carrier' s name must NOT have spaces. Channels number must be a positive integer, if you don't know this value use a safe value. Select true for Enable field. Save the Carrier.
- Edit the new Carrier, you will see you can add new information.
- If your Carrier is for outgoing calls, link the Carrier.
Select the Gateway (prefix) you want to link. If your vendor needs a sufix, you can configure it here. Specify the Codec string, for example: 729,GSM,PCMU; you can leave this parameter in blank, system will use codecs from FusionPBX. Select true to Enable field.
- Add a rate. You will see later how to upload a CSV file.
Specify which digit will identify this rate (rates are selected using the most exact match, a 1613 prefix will hit instead a 1 prefix). Select if this rate will be for incoming, internal (for extension to extension, or from extension to an internal component, such as a conference hall) or outgoing call. Tell this rate cost and currency. Some vendors give a different rate for connection, if you don't know this data, you may let all " rate" fields with same value. If you are using the original lcr.conf.xm file from LCR for FusionPBX, LCR Profile value must be "default"; LCR Profile is used to allow different rating lists.
- You can add rates using a CSV file. File must have next fields:
Destination, Prefix, Connect Increment, Talking Increment, Rate, Currency, Connect Rate, Direction(inbound, outbound, internal), Start Date, End Date, Profile,Random (any value you want).
Repeat steps 2 to 6 for each Carrier you need to add.
Finally, you need to change routes to allow them to use LCR for FusionPBX. Go to Dialplan -> Outbound Routes menu and change dialplans from bridge soafia/gatewa/... to bridge lcr/default/.... Please read Freeswitch documentation if you are not familiar with dialplan sintax.
Updating the rates
Updating the rates is maybe one of the most complex and longest tasks. The easiest way to do this is to download the ratelist, modify it and upload it again (check the clear ALL rates before importing field).
LCR for FusionPBX update
You may follow the installation procedure for any update