Sharing a server with others sometimes is not the best for your business, especially if you can afford it. The biggest concern about this is because the availability that could be exposed. Some of the most common reasons why this could happen are:
- Misbehave of your neighbours: You are all on the same server and another customer may run a script that hangs up the Web server. Think of it as a condo, a user may plug something that burns the entry electricity system. Although the hosting company will discover and ban the offending neighbour, your availability has already been compromised.
- DoS attacks targeted to a neighbour: If a neighbouring website is very popular, sooner than later DoS attacks will start appearing. Depending on the nature of the given vulnerability, you could just have few seconds offline or having a server crash.
- Limitations due to the shared hosting: If your business needs a specific application that needs more than a Web server, your current hosting provider may deny your request for adding something extra. After all, it is its responsibility to make the environment up and running for everyone.
OKay's dedicated Internet Server will give you the peace of mind that the software that is running there is only for you. All servers will give you at least the following services:
- Web page publication with multi-domain support
- Unlimited mailboxes with email support with multi-domain support
- SSH and FTP access
- MariaDB database management
- Automatic System updates